Rethink Mobile Gaming … It’s Not What You Think
Insight ⇒ Mobile Gaming is No longer Male Dominated
Most pundits, upon the introduction of Glu Mobile’s new Kim Kardashian Hollywood App, said it had failure written all over it. Not that anyone doubted Kim’s star power … but gaming is a male dominated category, so it could never succeed.
Released at the end of June, Hollywood is well on its way to over $200 million in revenue and is challenging Candy Crush and Clash of Clans. Flurry, the leader in app analytics, recently released new research on who plays Mobile games … and it’s no longer male dominated.
- Female gamers over index males in several key gaming app metrics
- They spend more money
- They spend more time
- They are more loyal
Click to Enlarge
Insight ⇒ Gaming Dominates Mobile With ⅓ of All Time Spent
Click to Enlarge
Do This ⇒ Gaming Has Reach and Engagement … Make it Part of Your Brands Digital Strategy
- Gaming is addictive for all genders, race and ages and can provide much higher time spent with your brand
- Gaming provides brands an opportunity to get an email and begin ongoing dialogue
- Design user experiences that educate and entertain around your core brand emotional and functional benefits
Not That ⇒ Stop Thinking of Gamers as Young Male Video Heads
- Don’t reject gaming engagements as not marketing or brand worthy
- Don’t think that you can’t educate and entertain simultaneously
Zig is a Social/Mobile consultancy that drives brand engagement by creating interactive user experiences. We programmatically reach in-market buyers at the lowest cost and move them to conversion. You can see our work by clicking on the link ⇒ http://www.zigmarketing.com.