Learn How To Leverage Bloggers to Drive Traffic and Sales
Insight ⇒ Consumers Seek Blogger Advice When Actively Buying
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Insight ⇒ Blogs Have More Purchase Influence than Facebook
Source: Technorati 2012
Do This ⇒ Implement a Cogent Blogger Strategy and a Disciplined Process for Success
- Determine what value exchange (WIFM for bloggers) a brand needs to attract bloggers
- Unique and consumer relevant information currency or brand/product news
- Simple and exciting promotions
- Product sampling or giveaways
- Blogger payment to show respect for their time … usually in the $100-$250 range
- Discover and evaluate bloggers
- Content ➠ Is the subject matter consistent, relevant and genuine? This is important to achieve influence and to attract in-market prospects
- Interactivity ➠ How robust is the commenting section? How many comments? How many conversations? This is a critical indicator of viralness.
- Audience Size ➠ How large is the blog’s reach? This is important to get scale and impact in the blogosphere.
- Connectivity ➠ How many social sites, blog networks and directories is the blog listed in? This is an indicator or viralness and reach potential.
- Select and approach bloggers one-on-one
- Contact bloggers with highest impact based on evaluation
- Present bloggers a value exchange from the brand
- Constantly measure and optimize efforts
- Monitor blogger conversion, posting, and sharing
- Optimize outreach tactics and value exchange for maximum viralness
- Continually build and deepen relationships with blogger
Not That ⇒ The Blogosphere is Not PR
- Contrary to popular belief, this is not PR. Bloggers do not see themselves as editors, but as influencers.
- Stop sending them a torrent of press releases every month … it doesn’t work and it’s considered disrespectful
Case Study ⇒ Hoover Sells $220,000 in Vacuums in Two Weeks by Leveraging The Blogosphere
CLICK TO ENLARGE