Learn How Mobile Can Break Through the TV Clutter … at Far Lower Costs
In ancient days before the Internet, we routinely added Radio and Outdoor to TV buys to build frequency at lower cost vs. adding more TV. Television provided the basic reach, with Radio/Outdoor acting as efficient reminder vehicles for the campaign. This synergy allowed brands to capitalize on the awareness generated by TV, while less expensive Radio/Outdoor served as ‘TV insurance’ to make sure the campaign fully saturated the target audience.
Insight ⇒ Television’s Clutter Issue Continues to Accelerate to the Detriment of Marketers
According to Nielsen’s newly released Advertising & Audiences State of the Media Report, Television clutter is worse than ever making it harder for brands to make an impact
Insight ⇒ Mobile Has Changed the Media Landscape Forever
As the Nielsen chart illustrates below, digital media now performs as the new ‘TV insurance’, by providing incremental frequency across platforms. Given the cost of digital vs. Television, this message reinforcement costs far less vs. adding more TV.
Mobile’s recent penetration as the second screen clearly compliments TV’s reach … providing powerful new opportunities to reinforce advertising messages, in real time, through programmatic big data targeting
Additionally, Mobile offers instant product evaluation and purchase opportunity at the Zero Moment of Truth … critical to brand selection
Do This ⇒ Make Mobile Your Brand’s New ‘TV Insurance’
- Add Mobile to your TV campaigns to increase message retention with efficiency
- Integrate Mobile to spur buying actions and brand dialogue in real time
- From a media planning perspective, begin to think about media holistically across all platforms
Not That ⇒ Stop Thinking of Mobile as an Afterthought
- Stop buying TV first and then using the remaining dollars for digital
- Stop buying digital first and then using the remaining dollars for Mobile